- JULIANA LABIANCA
17 Valentine's Day Ideas to Help You Celebrate Your Love at Home
You can do these fun and romantic activities on your couch and online.
Ah, the season of love. Most Valentine's Days, we cram as many romantic activities into the day as possible. Candlelit dinners. Couples' massages. Cocktails at a swanky lounge. But this year, things are different. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, many of us are spending Valentine's Day at home. And while that might sound boring, it's actually the perfect excuse to plan a special indoor date or family activity.
Whether you're celebrating with your special someone, your Galentines, or your entire fam, we're here to help you plan the ultimate at-home Valentine's Day bash. Our best tip is to make the day as over-the-top and festive as possible. Wear matching outfits. Recreate your first date. Surprise your S.O. with breakfast in bed. The more thought you put into the day, the better. And to cap off your holiday, make sure you exchange gifts. For example, you might want to pick up one of the best Valentine's Day gifts for her or the most romantic gifts for him.
1. Make breakfast in bed.
There's no better way to start the day than with breakfast in bed. Put a tray together for your partner — and don't forget to include as many heart-shaped food items as possible. It's a simple way to say "I love you" before your part
2. Wear matching outfits.
The easiest way to make any holiday even more festive is by wearing matching outfits. These heart shirts are oh-so-cute — but really, any pink or red getups will do.
Make your home a romantic oasis by decking it out with sweet heart-shaped items. We love this donut peg wall — treats + decor = double win! — but there are so many incredible DIY Valentines' Day decorations that you can whip up in no time.
4. Make a photo book
Sure, a photo book makes a great Valentine's Day gift. But putting one together also makes a great Valentine's Day activity. Grab your sweetie and compile all your favorite photos. You'll have so much fun reminiscing on your favorite memories.
5. Recreate your first date.
Here's an opportunity to go all out: recreate your first date — at home. If you went to a coffee shop, whip up some artisanal coffees. If you went to a romantic restaurant, print the menu and try to make one of the dishes in your kitchen. If you went to the zoo, print pictures of the animals you saw and put them in frames around the living room. Get creative and remember to tell your partner everything you loved about them on that very first day.
RELATED: 100 Most Romantic Date Ideas Ever
6. Take a class.
Little ones deserve to have a festive Valentine's Day too. To get them in on the fun, sign them up for a V-Day-themed virtual class. Websites like Outschool and Eventbrite have options from baking and letter writing to dancing and singing.
7. Make a charcuterie board. There's no better snack to nibble on all day than a charcuterie board. Add whichever treats you like, and don't forget to pair your cheeses and jams with the perfect wines. Not a fan of cheese and crackers? Try a different type of charcuterie board, like one made with candy or desserts.
8. Send a Valentine. If you can't be with your sweetie in person this year, then you might as well send them something sweet in the mail. This chic set from Godiva includes three chocolate truffle flavors: milk chocolate, milk chocolate caramel, and dark chocolate strawberry.
9. Make cards. Card-making is a great way to get crafty and creative. Pull out your art supplies and put together the most festive combinations of pink and red — or anything else! This is a fun activity for kids and adults, and no matter what your relationship status, there's always someone in your life who would appreciate a DIY Valentine's Day card.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
10. Plan a game night. If you and your S.O. love competition, then plan a fun game night for Valentine's Day. With enough cocktails and snacks, it'll be perfectly romantic. You can also play easier games for a fun family-friendly activity.
RELATED: 20 Fun and Easy Valentine's Day Games
11. Take a virtual mixology class. Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to get fancy with your drinks. Not sure how to mix anything more exciting than a vodka soda? Take a class! Log on with your special someone — or your pals — and let an expert help.
12. Plan a movie marathon. Take a chill approach to Valentine's Day this year. Instead of planning a ton of activities, plan an all-day movie marathon. The lineup can include the best romantic comedies — and lots and lots of snacks.
13. Ask conversations starters. Sure, you and your partner have incredible conversations all the time — but that doesn't mean you can't benefit from a little inspiration on special occasions. This conversation-starter set includes 135 questions, from "what song reminds you of a romantic time that we spent together?" to "if we were a superhero tag-team what would our powers be?"
14. Write a love letter. Whether you're seeing your partner in person or celebrating from afar, there's nothing more romantic than sending them a love letter. Make your letter personal: include all the reasons you love them or list all your favorite memories. It'll be a keepsake they save for years to come.
RELATED: How to Write a Love Letter, According to Experts
15. Or letters of gratitude. When you're done writing a letter to your special someone, write a few letters of appreciation to the other important people in your life. A letter of gratitude or friendship can go a long way in making your loved ones feel special.
16. Cook a romantic dinner. You might not be able to go out to the hottest restaurant in town this year, but that doesn't mean you can't indulge in a delicious dinner. Prepare something decadent that the two of you love, and dress up as if you're going out. If you're celebrating Valentine's Day on Zoom, prepare the same meal and eat it together. You can compare notes on recipes.
RELATED: 55 Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner Ideas for a Romantic Night at Home
17. Pop a bottle of champagne to your love. Being in love is a reason to celebrate. Pull out the nice glasses and pour one out for romance. Don't forget to cheers with a heartfelt Valentine's Day quote.
RELATED: 13 Best Affordable Champagne Brands
website credit: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/valentines-day-ideas/g35140980/quarantine-valentines-day-ideas/